Sunday, May 5, 2013

BEAUTY SAVER - Facial Sunscreen


(La Roche Posay)


(Elta MD)


(Shiseido)


(Bare Minerals)


(Neutrogena)


It's officially SUMMER!  The weather here in Montreal has been consistently 25ºC (or 77ºF) over the past week and my son is already starting to look like a Philippino from playing outside (not that it's a bad thing but he is usually more like Norwegian white).

This brings me to one of the most important topic in skincare regime: SUNSCREEN.  Being Asian, I'm especially prone to hyper pigmentation and the best way not to have age spots is sunscreen.  As a result, I've been religiously applying facial sunscreen (they tend to be milder and won't clog my pores as much as regular sunscreen) since my 20's.

Here are my 5 favourites, all tried and loved:


  • La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF60 - This is what I'm currently using.  Ultra light in texture and melts in your skin immediately leaving a matte finish.  Simply the best in the business!
  • Elta MD UV Shield SPF45 - My best friend introduced me to this brand and she had a tinted version (which I'm not sure if it's still available because it's no longer on their website when I tried to order).  It was great since on a daily basis, I didn't have to apply my tinted moisturizer!
  • Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF50 - I bought this once at duty free on a trip back to Asia and fell in love with the texture!  Moisturizing but not cakey...especially given the hot & humid weather over there.
  • Bare Minerals Natural Sunscreen SPF30 - This mineral sunscreen is great for touch-ups! Comes with a brush for quick sweep during the day (because technically, we should be reapplying every two hours).
  • Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF70 - Drugstore price, department store product!  So cheap (I buy it at Costco in pack of 3), I actually use it on my body.

OK, I'm heading out later with the kids so have a great rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment