Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Hermes Carré Couture




To me, Hermes is best known for three things: impeccable craftsmanship (being one of the only luxury brands that still hand-stich their leather handbags by trained artisans), leather goods and silk scarves.  My first Hermes was actually a 90cm silk carré.  I still remember spending what seemed infinite amount of time deciding which print and colouray...and I'm usually a decisive shopper!

Recently, the French House re-launched my all time favourite print "Tigre Royal" as part of their new Carré Couture collection to be featured at their New York flagship store exhibition.  Each valued at $25,000-70,000, this particular print has almost 5000 sapphires hand-embroided and took 7 months in the making!  Sure worth-while visiting if you live in the Big Apple (and take the opportunity to check out the new spring collection!).

No comments:

Post a Comment